February 17, 2008

i wool always love ewe

Swedish retail giant H&M has announced a boycott of products made from Australian wool, in response to animal cruelty complaints. What's so cruel about Australian wool, you ask? Well, there are a few things, but this boycott is focused on mulesing, which is basically the practice of cutting a sheep's ass off. Okay, okay, I'll concede that there's a little more to it than that, but it really does pretty much boil down to sheep ass removal; even John Mules would agree.

It's nice to see a mega corporation taking a stand for what's right, isn't it? Take a moment and join me in sending H&M a quick note of appreciation.

2 comments:

  1. I would just like to take a moment to say... I love H&M, and we need a store in San Diego :)

    <3 me
    (Kris, because I can't be bothered to get an account...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love museling. Good source of fibre, full serving of fruit.

    And you just had to ruin it for me

    ReplyDelete