September 8, 2004

Watch for (Vanilla) IceFirst of all, I apologize for the two-week lack of anything happening on this website. As I alluded to in the previous entry, school's in full swing now, and consequently I've had little time for anything nonacademic, updating ochius right at the top of the list. But hey, I finally found a free minute or two, so happy day, I get to update you on the past 16 days of pants-crapping fun and excitement that has been my life.

"Nobody gives a damn about your knee anymore!" This is the most common statement I've heard all week. On the one hand, I'm a bit disappointed with myself for my pitiful irregularity in updating the most amazing Caleb-related site on the web; but on the other hand, I'm happy to hear such complaints because that means that I continue to carry a loyal readership, despite the fact that there's been nothing but stale, out-dated material posted for ages now.

And for those of you who are still left wondering, my knee is better now. I still don't know what caused the problem, or what the problem even was, for that matter. It still isn't up to 100% – I can walk, run, and skip as limberly as a fourth grader on summer holiday; but when it comes to supporting the weight of my body – such as jumping, squatting, and displaying my awe-inspiring karate skills – it's still somewhat weak, and consequently very painful if I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing.

Speaking of doing, I must admit I wasn't completely truthful with you earlier. I said that massive amounts of schoolwork were to blame for my not having any time to post updates. While it's true that school's been consuming more of my time now than in any other period of my academic career, there is another place my time's been going... Elaine arrived safely back in America on the 25th of August, which made me very, very happy. So I've been spending as much time as I possibly can with her, catching up on all the stuff there is to catch up on after a three-week absence.

Other noteworthy events...

Some rapscallions wrote Vote 4 Bush on my rear window, causing other motorists to believe I am stupidWhile I was at a Padres game, some of my high school students wrote "VOTE 4 BUSH" in huge letters on the back of my car, and I didn't get a chance to clean it off for a while, so for a week everyone on the road thought I was a Bush supporter. I thought about writing "Don't" before it, but there wasn't enough room. At one point, I was at a red light when a woman in a blue car pulled up in the lane beside me, and yelled, "Yeah! George Bush! Woo!" and gave me an enthusiastic thumbs up. I didn't quite know how to respond; I thought about telling her the truth and saying that I'd rather have a platypus in the White House than another four years with Dubya, but I knew I would only confuse her and probably offend her as well, so I just went along with it. "Yeah," I said, "George Bush all right!" Then the light turned green, and I promptly drove home and washed my car.

I went on College Briefing last weekend, which is basically summer camp for big kids. It was fantastic. A few days away from school and work and suburbia was just what the doctor ordered. It was really nice to be able to go to church as well. When your place of employment is your church, you never actually go to church; you go to work. So College Briefing is pretty much the one weekend a year I get to attend worship services and not be working, which makes it one of my favorite times of the year. My God really kicked my butt about a few issues over the weekend too. It was great. Lots of growth. All in all, it was a fantastic ending to the summer. Now the challenge is going to be maintaining my decisions over the course of the year.

And speaking of decisions, you definitely need to decide to check this out!

And on that note, I'm gonna go take a shower or something.

Typing nude,

-Caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment