December 16, 2004

As I was coming into my neighborhood on my way home from school today, I noticed that the white minivan driving in front of me was none other than my Mr. Toad-esque neighbor, now world famous for her poor driving skills. This excited me, for I knew another crappy park job was imminent. I followed closely – but not too closely; I didn't want to arouse suspicion – and carefully observed every nuance of her maneuvering. Sending my expectations straight to hell, she actually piloted her vehicle pretty soberly. This bothered me. As we approached her house, though, a glimmer of hope shone bright in my eye. Yes, this is the neighbor we've come to know so well. With a thump! thump! she cut the corner too close, and in her trademark move, drove right over the sloping edge of the sidewalk. "I knew you wouldn't disappoint!" I sang with glee as I zipped past the house. And that was the highlight of my day, even more so than acing my biology final.

No comments:

Post a Comment