March 15, 2009

socks revolution, prelude

Ladies and gentlemen, I have done something radical.

I have just bought 20 pair of new socks to replace the motley rabble of white socks I've spent a lifetime using. The rabble consisted of countless varieties and ages of socks, requiring me to pair them up individually (no quick task), when putting away my laundry. The new socks are all exactly the same, which means I don't have to pair them up at all; I can just toss them all into a drawer with no folding, no sorting, and no problems. It'll be amazing.

I've never had all uniform socks before, and I haven't had a new pair of socks since I was in high school. I feel very extravagant, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a little guilty about this luxury.

But now for the radical part:

Being that it's 2009 (The Best Year Ever™), I decided to make a drastic change. I went with ankle length socks. After wearing exclusively crew socks for 27 years, this is quite a change. Will my socks always feel like they are falling down? Will the elastic last longer due to less stretching? Will my legs get cold more easily? These are all questions I must face, and to which I will soon know the answers.

Either way, though, I think I made the right decision. 2009: A Year of Changes ™.

No comments:

Post a Comment