June 7, 2003

I went to get a haircut today at this place called Sal's. I've been going there for about 10 years, and have only walked out with a really good haircut maybe three times. But I keep going back because it's only six bucks, and I figure for that price I don't mind getting a lousy haircut. I change my mind on the matter, though, every time I walk out the door looking like Forrest Gump. But by the time I need another haircut, I've long forgotten all the "I'm never going back to that butcher shop" business that had poured from me two months prior, as I'd practice my comb-over in the mirror, reminding myself that "it'll grow back in a couple of weeks."


It looks alright now, after giving myself a second haircut in the bathroom with a pair of paper scissors. Heck, I did a better job than the barber did. Maybe I'm in the wrong line of work...

No comments:

Post a Comment