October 27, 2011

some haikus about the national football league

This post is part of a feature where people give me a topic and I write 12 haiku about it. This particular topic comes from @DavidSeawright.



NFL stands for
The National Football League
It's a group of teams

Does ESPN
Have exclusive rights to it?
I don't really watch

The Oakland Raiders
Their mascot has an eye patch
But where's his crack pipe?

Sunday Night Football
I've never even watched it
What time is it on?

What's with those stupid
New England Patriot jerks?
Can't they lose for once?

Go San Diego!
Chargers wear blue and yellow
I like Padres more

What's with the pig skin?
Is that really a bladder?
That's pretty effed up

In the Batman show
The Animated Series
Robin played football

Remember that guy
Who wore a chicken costume?
I heard he sold out

Managers are rich
Didn't George Bush own a team?
Or was that baseball?

I hear concussions
Are a problem in football
Helmets are useless

Despite what they say
When I watch the Superbowl
The commercials suck

No comments:

Post a Comment